5.12.2009

RECIPE OF THE MONTH CLUB

Welcome again to the ERGO Magazine’s Recipe of the Month Club where we invite a very special guest to come share one of their favorite dishes. This month: Adult Film legend, Ron Jeremy will teach us how to make Egg Tarts.

…YUMMY…

“I’ve acted in more than 2000 films. I’m the hardest working man in showbiz. What you may not know about me is that these hands o’ mine not only give the best sensual massage this side of Salzburg they can also play Chopin’s Nocturne #20 in C sharp, without the use of my ring fingers. Now isn’t that a SHOCKER? Ha, get it? I can also whip up a mean egg tart. That’s what I’m going to show you today. I’m Ron Jeremy and here’s what you’ll need.”

INGREDIENTS

1 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup butter

1 egg, beaten

1 dash vanilla extract

___________________

2/3 cup white sugar

1 1/2 cups water

9 eggs, beaten

1 dash vanilla extract

1 cup evaporated milk


DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar and flour. Mix in butter with a fork until it is in small crumbs. Stir in the egg and vanilla until the mixture forms a dough.

“Now, the key to making the egg tart shell is keeping the texture slightly moist, and I’m an expert at that. Feel free to add more butter if it is too dry, I always do.”

Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls (Ron: The ladies love It) and press the balls into tart molds so that it covers the bottom, and goes up higher than the sides.

“You are also welcome to use my patented “2 finger Technique” to shape the edge into an “A” shape. This works a whole lot better when you do it on with to with in with a chick… Boobs.”

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (Ron: 230 degrees C). Combine the white sugar and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook until the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Strain the eggs through a sieve, and whisk into the sugar mixture. Stir in the evaporated milk and vanilla. Strain the filling through a sieve, and fill the tart shells.

“Pour your mixture onto the woman, or the egg tart shell, whatever – it’s your party.”

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown, and the filling is puffed up a little bit.

“What the hell is that in the oven! Wait, where am I? Oh, now I remember. Did I ever tell you about the time me and Sam Kinison partied with Richie Sambora? They used to call me the Italian Stallion…”

Pull fully formed egg tart out the oven, let cool and serve.

“…God, he told me there just weren’t enough napkins to clean it up. That’s me; I’m the type of guy to leave you in a strange place… I’m a terrible guy…”

Thanks for sharing Ron! Come see us next month for another delicious dish from another celebrity guest star, only at ERGO Magazine’s Recipe of the Month Club.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want that man fixing me no egg tarts.