7.19.2009

RECIPE OF THE MONTH CLUB

Welcome again to the ERGO Magazine’s Recipe of the Month Club where we invite a very special guest to come share one of their favorite dishes. This month: radio icon, Wolfman Jack is going to show us how to make Cola Burgers… What?

Knock-knock. OWhooooo’s there? It’s the wild man, Wolfman Jack, let me in or I’ll blow your mind down. Can you dig it? Now, listen up dummy. Sit right back fiends and friends as Jack gives you the odds and ends. These burgers are extra juicy, juicier than the naughty photos yo mama sent me. OWoooooo!

INGREDIENTS: (Serves Four)
  • lb ground beef
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 3 fl oz. cola (preferably Coke)
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup French salad dressing
  • 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
Now, some people start skepticizing whenever I tell ‘em about my secret ingredient. I say, “Baby, Cola used in cooking all the time to give a sweet yet smoky flavor.” But they look at me like I’m as wily as a Chinamen. You need a little sweetness!

DIRECTIONS
  • In a medium bowl, mix together the egg yolk, half of the cola, bread crumbs, half of the French dressing and Parmesan cheese. Crumble in the ground beef, and mix well. Form into 4 balls, and pat into 3/4 inch patties.
Sweetness, humph, that’s the problem with this new radio, no sweetness. Playin all those downer records starts to get you down, downer than a colored boy’s jeans. Give me something from 1960, let me get up again. The music of today is for downer freaks and I’m an upper.
  • Pour the remaining cola and dressing into a small bowl, and mix well.
You’re going to set this aside for basting.
  • Grill the burgers for about 3 minutes per side. Brush with the dressing and cola, then cook for another 3-4 minutes each side, basting occasionally.
And for all the pretty little lay-dees, looking a sweet as Sandra Dee, out there doing their job, whipping up food behind that stove, you can also fry these bad boys like Dee did her old man, Bobby Darin. You women know you ain’t got no business behind a grill. That’s a man’s work, darling. OWoooooooooo…
  • Serve with burger buns and cheese slices.
That’s a sesame seed bun, if you have to ask then you don’t know Jack. You picking up my jive? I say, hay. And the cycle continues… Rackem-Lackem!

Thanks for sharing Jack! Come see us next month for another delicious dish from another celebrity guest star, only at ERGO Magazine’s Recipe of the Month Club.

No comments: