11.25.2009

EDITOR'S NOTE

SNEAK by Justin Johnson

Ever notice how you can't escape NO?

No?

Well then.

What about growing up and learning that ever-important set of symbols known as The Alphabet?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

It's almost right in the middle.

What about the middle point of the day, 12:00 pm?

Also known as NOON.

There are two NOs in there. One's just backwards.

What's right in the middle of your face?

Your NOSE.

We're controlled by NO.

Don't believe me?

What controls our bodies? The brain.

AKA
Your Noodle
Your Noggin

Tell me a knock-knock joke if you know one and I'll make note of it. Then I'll nod approvingly at the notion that nothing is wrong, and I'll notify you shortly as to the no. of times the word NO appears in reverse in just this single post on this blog. (It's nine. What shape has nine sides? The Nonagon. This word alone adds two more reverse no's, and this sentence adds another.)

Can we ever escape the Island of No?

I think you already know the answer.

No comments: